My neighbor’s dog wasn’t eating cicadas—it was eating…something else. I don’t remember going outside. Videographic data proves my senses are still grasped upon the fine edge of reality, because the sky appears not to be playing by the same old rules. What the hell do I know about such things? Decide for yourself.
How much is a single slice of normality worth to you? For some people, it’s worth the price of getting their bangs trimmed or the cost of a six pack of beer. The past can’t be revived but that doesn’t mean buried memories won’t crawl out of the graveyard inside our mind. We relive perished moments because it makes us feel a little more human and a little less like a caged animal.
Alright. Fun’s over. In case you haven’t notice, my latest posts are a work of fiction. I’m not really running in the woods, and my neighbor’s pup is not really chowing down on cicadas. Well…I filmed the footage, so I suppose I was really running in the woods, but you know what I mean. I hope.
I may expand upon this idea in the future, however, the narrative will have a slightly different format. The new format may gradually evolve into just video (text, if needed, will be placed in the video). Future posts won’t include any narrative that’s related to the story.
There are currently 6 available post—here’s what’s been revealed about the narrative…so far.
- Events take place during a dystopian future (exact date is unknown).
- First-person narrative is somewhat based on current events. Obviously.
- It’s not known if the main character can be trusted, or if certain perceptions are caused by insomnia, paranoia, or something else.
- Broadcast stations exist but their motives are unclear or dangerous.
- The entire human population could be decreased by at least 50%. The totality has not been overtly expressed.
- Aliens? Maybe.
If you have nothing better to do with your life, nuke a bag of popcorn and then watch the last available episode. Feel free to express your own thoughts about the narrative but don’t get butter and salt all over your keyboard.